(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

=) VS. =(

Stuff That Makes Me Smile:

1. Attending my 'Godmothers' 60th birthday tonight.
2. Karaoke at Leeann's bar later tonight.
3. Seeing the broadway musical 'Wicked' Friday night.
3. Breaking the Ikea seal on Saturday.
4. Screams frighty frightfest Saturday night.
5. Halloween creeping up on us.
6. Murder Mystery Costume Ball & Karaoke Contest later this month at my church.
7. Four Words: Seance Of The Lambs...
8. Halloween parties
9. Being lucky in love this holiday season... we'll see...
10. Good Samaritans

Stuff That Makes Me Frown:

1. Punks who vandalize things simply for the sake of vandalizing.
2. Those punks getting away with what they did.

So, all in all, I have way more things to smile about than I do things to frown about. For those of you who don't know, my car was vandalized on Friday. All four of my tires were slashed with an ice pick (pictures to follow). It would have set me back over 600 bucks... not only does my gas-guzzler guzzle gas, it also costs a truckload to replace tires... I'm just hoping it will last me till next summer when I can get a new VW Beatle Convertible. Anyway, the silver lining was that the guy I dealt w/ at Discount Tire was feeling compassionate, given my circumstances, and gave me the tires at 50% off, and waived the tow fee. Hence, #10 on my list of 'Things That Make Me Smile'.

Ok, I promised myself I would keep this post relatively short, so... I invite y'all to comment and/or post your 'cheers and jeers' for the day...

TaTa!!!

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    YAY, I am so glad to hear of your Samaritan discount. Vandals do suck. Who in the world with half a brain would think its cool to do that, I will tell you who, A$$ holes and damn kids who dont appreciate having to own and pay for things, morons. Anyway, good times and some bad, and I am hoping to get to work on Seance of the Lambs soon. Kisses...

     
  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    I like the new short title. Its very streamlined.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:14:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    YOU'RE very streamlined... ;)

     
  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for nice people! I would have collapsed into a pile of crying and why-me-ing and tantrumming if that had happened to me...

    Things that make me smile:
    Finding a group of people where I fit in.

    Things that make me frown:
    Working with a group of people where I so obviously don't.

     
  • At Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:47:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    that's not what i heard...

    ... through the grapevine, people... THE GRAPE VINE!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home