(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday's Random Poll

... and a bit o' news.

So, I almost piddled my pantalones when I saw the following headline this morning:

Bridgestone Firestone to Pay Ford $240M

Until I realized that

A. The tires on my SUV are NOT Firestone
B. I already got new tires free in the 2000 Firestone tire recall

I would have been a sad, sad panda if I'd found out about a recall 5 days AFTER paying to have my tires replaced.
But enough about my car and my tires... water under the bridge, really...

Now... onto this week's random poll.

A dear friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, encouraged me to do a poll about something 'controversial'... after minutes upon minutes of racking my brain, this is what I have come up with. This is kinda piggy-backing from a conversation I had last night with another friend who shall remain nameless, regarding blogging and web logs in general.

In matters of web logging, do you think you should:

*Feel completely safe discussing whatever you want, as long as it is within the limits of the law, aka 'within the legal limitations of *freedom of speech*'

*Be cencored in some regard (and please list 'for instances')

Tell me, tell me now!

Please...

Seriously, though... DO IT!

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    Free speech, you should be able to talk about skinning those kids you see on the damn give us money for these sad poor kids orphans so you can make people bacon to sell to flesh eating tribes in the Amazon for Authentic tribal spears to sell on ebay for prophet, but that is just my opinion.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    YOU DAMN WELL BETTER NOT

     
  • At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    you will be a loser WITHOUT cool shoes if you don't leave your blog alone, missy... because we'll come by and take 'em... after beating you over the head with 'em!!! :)

     
  • At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha! (don't worry, LWCS, I got ya!)

    There are limits to what you should and should not post - there are privacy and security issues and stuff. But dang it - it's a blog!!! The blogger has a right to VENT and express him or herself. If you dont like it, DON'T READ IT.

    If you have a problem with something someone has written about you, or if you prefer not to be written about, then A) tell the blogger to kindly remove mention of you from his/her blog, and/or B) DON'T DO STUFF YOU DON'T WANT OTHER PEOPLE WRITING ABOUT. Don't give the blogger reasons to write negative things about you.

    And get over yourself! So what if some random person Idaho whom YOU WILL NEVER EVER MEET reads about how So-and-so doesn't like you? WHO CARES?!? Let So-and-so vent!

    The people who read the blog who don't know you, DON'T KNOW YOU and really truly couldn't care less; if the people who read that blog DO know you, then they're going to hear about whatever you did from face-to-face talking to the blogger, so they're going to find out anyway. The issue being on a blog makes no difference whatsoever, really.


    Non-bloggers do not understand the nature of the blog... the rhyme and reason of the blog... we are a community misunderstood by outsiders... they are just not as enlightened as we are... no, not like a cult! More like super-smart enlightened people who are smarter than the other people who are not so smart and don't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home