(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wednesday's (Belated) Random Poll



This random poll came about from a conversation I had... actually, a conversation I was made to have... with the random chick sitting next to me when we went to see Wicked on Friday. I'm not complaining, it's just that I'm used to being the one who initiates random conversations with random strangers, and not the other way around... anywho, the play was over and my mom and I were just commenting how awesome it was, and random chick butts in with 'oh ya, I totally agree... but the book was 10 times better!' Oh really, random chick? Tell me more. So she goes into this and that and just some of the details of the book, and how they differed from the play, and I began to think, hmmm... could it really be that the book was somehow even better than the wonderfullness that I had just witnessed? Then earlier this week, I got to discussing this topic w/ another person, not a random one this time, and we both agreed that we usually, if not always, found that the book version is better than the movie or play version. Sooooo... onto my belatedly random poll:

Which do you tend to prefer...

the book

or

the movie (or play)?


Please, to discuss...

6 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:11:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    ok, me first! As I said in my post, I've pretty much always found that I enjoyed the book better than the movie. Now, in matters of plays, especially musicals, that may be a different story. I thought the songs were just awesome in Wicked, and obviously you aren't going to have those in the book. So... I may have to say it is a tie for books made into musicals... I'll have to get back w/ you on that one...

     
  • At Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    that probably has something to do with the fact that you don't actually read the letters in Penthouse...

     
  • At Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the case of book to musical, I'd have to say the two are too different to compare equally. I bet if I saw Wicked (which is the plan, someday, somehow, sometime befire I die) I'd love it too, the music and dancing and stuff. The performance, the show... but the book has the story, all the feelings and thoughts and all that stuff.
    But book to movie, since the movie doesn't have singing and dancing to woo me, I'll have to go with the book.

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 6:53:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    clearly you have not had a tour of my house, or you would see that I have oodles upon oodles of books, most of which i have read... more than once. Just because I haven't chosen to read that particular series of books, doesn't mean I'm not an avid fan of the reading in general... like tron, i have read most of the stephen kind novels-to-movies, and have also read all of the john grisham novels, most of which have been made into movies... oh, and sidney sheldon... to name a few...

    ps now i know what you mean, tron... =)

    kisses!!

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 7:15:00 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    I would have to say the book, but if I see the movie first and it isnt the best thing since sliced sushi, then I have a hard time reading the book. But usually I would say Book.

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Blake said…

    I prefer the book!

    Blake

     

Post a Comment

<< Home