(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Don't Tell Me What To Do!!! please...

So, today's rant is on the subject of my status as a total pushover. I really did think I was getting better at not letting people talk me into things lately, but it has recently come to my attention that I was completely wrong. So, a 'friend' of mine decided to sign up for this thing called NaNo, which is short for NaNoWriMo, which is in turn short for National Novel Writing Month. Umm... the way it works, is you are basically supposed to write a novel in a month. 50,000 words in 30 days. Sounds like great fun, right? Well (Against my better judgement), she has talked me into signing up for this too. I am making absolutely no promises to myself, but, I do get a nifty certificate if I complete the task. There are pretty much no rules, you can write about whatever you want, it just has to be 50k words or more, and it has to be completed by midnight on the 30th. If nothing else, this should at least fill some of the downtime I experience from time to time at work.
I'll keep you updated on my progress (or lack thereof).

Total wordcount so far: 209 ... go me.

8 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:08:00 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    442 words now.

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 12:12:00 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Megan,
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    And all the best on the novel writing challenge .... have you picked a topic yet? Maybe you could write an autobiographical tale centred upon friends that convince you to do more writing than most people do in their whole lives....
    -Rach-

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 11:47:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    Word count is now at 2,052. Yea me!

    Rachel, I don't really have a strict topic... just a basic theme, but a lot of the storyline does just happen to be autobiographical.

    Tron, My main character has values and does not want to end up single, knocked up by married man, with a bi-racial baby. That should cover all three of your questions.

    Hey... who's that cute lady in the picure with you? =)

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Johnny Menace said…

    are there going to be any coked-up werewolves in this?

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:01:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    JM I think Conan already has the market cornered on coked-up werewolves... but... there is a girl in my story who snorts pixie stix for fun... she's cwazy!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:13:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    well Kat... she's hyper when she's hopped up on pixie stix... or when Diva tells her to be...

    and it is not a life story... however it may or may not just happen to have some characters in the story who may or may not share characteristics with people in my life.

    current word count: 3,164

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    Sorry, Tronrr... I don't know any ruggedly handsome black dudes... I do, however, know a black dude who is AN incredible ass. =)

    total word count: 3,714

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEYHEYHEY, missy!!! There was no talking into things of me to for you - I merely mentioned my tendency toward this incerdibly exciting adventure, and a certain other missy, who's going to be gone for a week now and will not read this until next month if ever at all because this post was like weeks ago but I haven't been online because I was writing and trying my hardest to saty away from the time-guzzling evils of blogs, decided all on her very own to sign up for it... so there.

    See? This is why NaNo is fun, You can write sentences like the above and it's considered a good thing...
    :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home