(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Monday, August 29, 2005

What The Deuce???

I'm quite certain you are all going to laugh at me, but I did look back at Timmy's blog, and have found NO INFORMATION on this, thus far - so you can't really point fingers at me for being out of the loop...

**WHEN THE PHUNK DID THEY COME OUT WITH THESE FREAKY NEW NICKELS???**

I just now saw one for the first time, and it freaked me out!! I thought I'd gotten some foreign coin for a sec. Please someone tell me, is this something brand new, or have I been in a drunken stupor for the past ?? weeks/months/years?? Or or OR... could this be some crazy misprint and I'm fixin' to be a gazillionaire... oooh that would be great... I will be keeping my 'possibly-priceless-but-possibly-worth-five-lousy-cents' nickel in a warm safe place until further investigations have been made...

PS not that you care, but me no likey the new coins... if Jefferson's face was any more close-up on the coin, they'd have to include pores and pot marks... just sayin'...

Toodloo!!

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 29, 2005 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    These have been out since 2004, only this year did they change his face. But in 2004, the mint put out 2 new backs to the nickles. One is a boat of sorts, which was the keelboat that was part of the transportation for Lewis and Clark's expeditionand one is for the Louisiana purchase, which Jefferson now regrets I am sure due to soggyness. The back of that one is hands shaking and peace pipes I think. The 3rd new nickle has his face UPCLOSE and will have a buffalo on the back, and the other will be a close up with a view of the pacific ocean, which was the goal and final destination of Lewis and Clark. here is a link about it all....

    http://www.usmint.gov/kids/index.cfm?fileContents=coinNews/newNickel.cfm

     
  • At Monday, August 29, 2005 2:58:00 PM, Blogger The Megan said…

    well, don't i feel silly... =)

    mine is 2005 'big head' Jefferson, with the old buffalo nickel style on the back.

     
  • At Monday, August 29, 2005 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Bushcheney08 said…

    nice blog!

    bushisnotantichrist.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home