(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday's Random Poll



Prenuptial Agreements:

*A good way to protect your ASSets

or

*A good way to get a big FU from your significant other






Ok, I’ll just start this one off then. My heart says, WTF?? If you love someone enough that you want to marry them, ie. ‘plan to spend the rest of your life with them’, can you think of one thing less romantic (and less trusting) than a prenuptial AKA ‘just-in-case-we-end-up-divorced agreement’??… and I would have to go with the big FU.
However, my head says ‘hey dummy, dont’cha know that like 53% of all marriages end in divorce? People are just trying to cover themselves in case their wedding vows take a sharp left somewhere between “Happily” and “Ever After”’. And then I would have to say fine, fine! A prenup if you must, but with a few provisions that would make the contract null and void, namely:

*If you cheat on me, I will be forced to divorce your @$$ to keep from putting a pillow over your head while you are sleeping, and the contract is null and void
*If our divorce is caused by your controlling mother, and/or any other member of your family who can’t keep their damn nose out of our business, the contract is null and void
*If you take to hitting, pushing, or in any way attempting to take control in a physical manner over myself or our hypothetical children, I will divorce you, and the contract is null and void (and I may put the pillow over your head anyway)
*If you decide to take to spending all our money on booze, drugs, gambling and/or any other self-deprecating acts, I will be forced to divorce you, and the contract is null and void
*If you decide to turn weird and go worshipping some strange cult following (including, but not limited to: devil worshipping, Scientology, or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism), I will pray for your soul, but will be forced to divorce you, and the contract is null and void


Thus Spoke Meganthustra

Please discuss...

9 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:31:00 AM, Blogger James said…

    Well I guess it's a good thing I'm already taken and gay . . . we would never work out cuz I am a devout Flying Spaghetti Monsterist.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:32:00 AM, Blogger James said…

    PS, I like the song and the weird video and all, but it really makes it hard to discreetly check your blog from work if the Guerillaz start playing everytime I click over to it.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:38:00 AM, Blogger James said…

    oh, and RE: pre-nups pollerama. . . I'm up in the air, cuz I definitely could've used one 8 years ago, but highly doubt I'd ever need one in the future--in fact, I'm certain of it.

    So there you have it; I'm divided on the issue.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:45:00 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    Good cover, I think at a certain point, if you have millions to billions, sure have one, cause you are just covering your ass, but for the other 99% of us, I dont know that one is needed since in a lot of states, if you split up, so does your "Estate", so you each get kind of half anyway. I guess it depends on the person, I also dont believe I would ever need one in the future. FO SHO!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:03:00 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    I don't mind them...protects everybody involved...but that's just me...and i don't plan on marrying anybody rich...so i'll prolly never have one

     
  • At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As someone who has been divorced, and been the richer party in the union, I have to say that next time I might consoder it. I can definitely say that I will never have a joint account and that my stuff (money, retirement accounts, investments, etc.) will all stay in my name and under my full and exclusive power and control.

    I didn't get screwed this time (mainly because he was too stupid to know what he could do, and too poor to hire a lawyer to help him get it - not like I have that much to begin with anyway, but I digress) but I know that things in a marriage can turn very ugly very quickly, and I want to make sure that the things I have worked for are not taken away from me.

     
  • At Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:14:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    Ya, I guess I am being pretty naive about it... I guess I just figure once I get married, it will be for life... but, obviously, in reality that is never a guarantee... but wanting to 'cover your @ss' against the person you love just seems a little... i don't know... funky.

     
  • At Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:20:00 AM, Blogger The Megan said…

    ps Cris I tried to comment on your site, but it won't let me because I don't have a xanga account... *sniff sniff*... I was just gonna say that I haven't gone so far as to considering getting a vespa, but after just paying almost 50 daggum dollars to fill up my stupid gas guzzler POS, erm, I mean... wonderful, albeit non-economic SUV, I am seriously considering taking the PJ and Ruth route and getting me a VW convertible... ok, now i'm gonna get whiney... me want me want ME WANT!!!! =)

     
  • At Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, xanga's dumb that way. But the more I think about it, the more I want the Vespa. It's cheap enough (relatively speaking) that I can have it and keep my already-paid-for SUV, and have the Vespa for driving to work (residential, 30mph roads) and maybe a few other non-highway routes (... do I dare take 157 on such a hazardous vehicle?) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home