(The) Megan's Blog

This website is dedicated to the random thoughts and pontifications of yours truly. Please feel free to join in on the free-for-all! No rules, just be sure to clean up after yourself - this isn't your mother's blog, after all!!!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

What, What, What??

What's this, a weekend post? But (The) Megan, we thought you did not have internet access at Casa De Megan... what's with this Sunday Post, hmm? Is this an early Christmas present of some sort?? Well, no. I had to make up some hours at work yesterday, so I went to my parent's house, and ended up just spending the night over here. Thus, having internet and blog posting priveleges readily available to me. Although, this whole having internet access readily available to me is making me miss having it... readily available to me. Soooo... I might end up getting it as a Christmas present to myself, because c'mon... who is #1 in (The) Megan's eyes but (The) Megan?
Well, it appears I was the ONLY one on planet (The) Megan that had to go in to work on Wednesday and Thursday. You'd think that if they cancelled all school in the DFW area, that all work in that area would also be cancelled. But apparently that's not how things go at (The Megan's place of employment). Anywho, I'm a li'l bummed about that, but whatever.
Thursday night I went out w/ some folks from work, and some people I deal w/ at several of our plants around the nation, who were in town all week for meetings at our office. Had dinner at Blue Fish aka 'my favorite restaurant in the world', and went dancing at Cowboys Red River afterwards. Great times all around, and we didn't leave until around 2. Great times ended real quickly around 6:00 the next morning when I woke up with what I can only decribe as The Worst Hangover Of All Time. What made it even worse was that it was on a Friday, and I am stuck at the end of the year w/ no vacation or sick time left, and so I had to go into work. I can without a doubt say that (barring the death of a family member, or totalling of a car followed by a ride to the hospital in an ambulance in the middle of one of the worst tornados in recent TX history), Friday was literally the worst day of my adult life. Without going into too much detail, because I know no one's interested, I managed to get though 8 (ok, 6 1/2, that's why I had to work yesterday) hours of work on about 2 hours of sleep, with a 'kill me, kill me now' headache, all while being unable to hold down any kind of food or liquid for more than about 10 minutes. We had dinner around 6:30pm on Thursday, the next time I ate something that actually stayed down was Saturday morning around 9:30am, after about 15 hours of straight sleep. I know what you're thinking. Ummm, Megan... how about you don't go out binge drinking for 10 hours straight on a school night, and maybe you will not feel like total dog poo the next morning? But I SWEAR, that wasn't it. I don't think it was as much HOW MUCH I drank, but rather WHAT I drank. We did happy hour at Blue Fish before heading to the table, and I had one glass of wine. For dinner, I had another glass of wine and a Bellinitini (which, the name alone, makes it my new favorite drink). At Red River, I will admit I had a couple Tuaca Lemondrops, and prolly 4 Miller Lights, but all added up, this equals to 9 total drinks in roughly 10 hours. AND... I drank less than a lot of other people who were out w/ us, and they didn't get sick at all. So, I guess it was mixing wine with mixed drinks with shots with beer that made my tummy say, 'ummm... I don't think so'. The consumption of large amounts of raw fish prolly didn't help the situation out much either.
Anyway, enough of that. I have spent the entire weekend resting up and doing as little as possible. This post is the most strenuous amount of work that I have allowed myself to do in the past 48 hours, and I am perfectly fine w/ that.
Hope everyone is doing well. Haven't seen much of anyone in the past few weeks. I know things are hectic, but we will hang out soon.
Caio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home